There are moments late at night, before dawn cripples the moon, before the city streets march with pride, where I find you resting peacefully beside me. It’s too early to wake you up: I carefully move my body gently closer to yours and pull the sheets over your…
Note: The cure for asthma is not, “Just breathe!”, and the cure for cancer is not, “Stop growing those cells!” Similarly, the cure for depression is not, “Just be happier!”, and the cure for anxiety is not, “Stop worrying so much!” These are not phases of life for teenagers and the weak-minded - they are serious and chronic medical illnesses.
Reblogging this every time I see it.
A hot air balloon Disney made inspired by the Pixar movie, Up.
When I was younger I was always really afraid that when I fell in love I wouldn’t be able to convey to that person all of the seemingly mundane and insignificant experiences that have forever shaped me. How can you show a person each of the veins of your heart? But it’s not like that, it’s really not. For when you love someone with all your heart and that is how they love you back, that love encompasses all of those tiny things and they do not need to be said. And I’m just like shit, life is cool.
Rachel Rostad— A letter to JK Rowling from Cho Chang
“When he left me, I told myself I should have seen it coming.
I wasn’t sure I was sad but I cried anyway.
Girls who look like me are supposed to cry over boys who look like him.
I’d seen all the movies and read all the books.
We were just following the plot.”
In no particular order:
1) conquered my (very rational) fear of falling out of my lofted bed
2) rode a mechanical bull (drunk)
3) stayed up and on my feet for 24 hours FTK
4) drank my first red bull
5) appreciated the life I had growing up more than I thought was possible
6) admitted I had a problem, a very big problem, and went and did something about it and things are actually starting to get better now.
7) Didn’t fail all my finals first semester, drop out of school, join a cult, and sell my children (irrational fear)
8) Tried a long distance relationship. Failed miserably
9) Got wasted and ended up on someone’s bathroom floor
10) Flashed someone
11) Made out with a near stranger. Ended up going out to dinner with said stranger the week after. Now I’m dating him, so that is pretty great and funny and strange
12) Applied for something I never thought I would get. And got it.
13) Joined a sorority. But didn’t meet Elle Woods, sadly
14) Took a class on Harry Potter which was the best and worst thing
15) Saw Mat Kearney in concert
16) Took a 7:30 am class. LOL
17) Went to my first bar
18) Bought plane tickets, gave up, cried more than I actually thought was possible, tweeted excessively, didn’t read as near as many books as I wanted, discovered I love poetry, ate my first Chipotle burrito, fell madly in love with my major, watched my sister get her heart broken, was a good long distance best friend, was a horrible long distance best friend, felt sad and scared and lonely, felt joyful and brave and independent, became a coffee drinker, walked everywhere, learned how to take the bus, questioned God, thanked God, knew God.
I’m ready for a big long sleep now.